The Ark Warranty
Following are the standard terms and conditions of the warranty:
- The standard warranty period for products supplied by The Ark is 90 days from date of invoice. This warranty does not cover:
- Used Laptop batteries
- Printer consumables - drums, toners, cartridges, etc
- Any hardware damage caused by random acts of nature (ie storm damage, etc) or misuse of the equipment.
- Problems relating to software. For more details seen note 4 below.
- An extended warranty can be purchased at the time of sale.
- New items supplied by The Ark may have longer warranty periods. If this is the case you will be notified at time of purchase.
- All Ark warranties are return to base. This means that it is up to you to return the goods to The Ark if required at your own cost. If the reason for the return is found to be covered by a warranty, then The Ark will pay return freight charges to a maximum amount of the freight cost on that item when originally supplied.
- The Ark provides software on almost all computers. The programs provided, and the computers performance can both be affected by a virus, spy-ware, and/or other programs installed by the user, or contracted through other means after supply. Therefore, The Ark will not consider any software or data related problem to be covered by warranty. The Ark will examine any computer brought in with a software program free of charge whilst within the warranty term. However, our normal charge rates will apply if any problems are identified and require removal/repair.
- Refunds and Returns. Computer purchases will not be refunded because the purchaser changes their mind. If the computer that was supplied is not faulty, and meets the sold specifications, then there is no reason to refund the purchase and accept a return of the computer.
Spyware and virus infections are commonplace on the Internet. To protect yourself from these use anti-virus software, and anti-spyware software very regularly. Also ensure that both your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware programs are kept up to date and that you perform regular scans of your system. If your computer is running slowly and you use the Internet, then the odds are high that you have contracted spyware. Clean it out using your Anti-Spyware program.